This being the case i opted for removing the rot and replacing with new metal in sections, with the assumption this would alleviate the issue, my assumptions were in this instants correct, as the pictures that will obviously follow will show.
The car is now in a position that the front now looks like a Ghia, the whole of the front is in place and welded up and some finishing works done to the welds, the are around the fresh air vent to the drivers side had quite a large area of thin metal and the cuts to the new panels very poor, so i had to put in a new section of plate ti finish the front. then i turned my attention to the passengers wing head light area as mentioned above.
Pictures below of the works not too many.
|The section that was missing now replaced.|
|This is the section i mentioned, cut the thin sheet out and put some new steel in.|
|This is the section i made up.to go in the front.|
|Plate in place, trial fit prior to welding in place.|
|In this one you can see the ring has been removed and now has been suitably altered to take a European light bowl.|
|Right then i cut away the crap and stitch in the new, Darren the owner has already purchased the light repair panels, although the drivers side was nor required but came in handy for measurements to rebuild the passengers.|
|Now it is starting to resemble a proper ghia.|
|Next section i cut out was the area to the side.|
|next piece removed.|
|Next piece put back, you get the picture.|
|And i have managed to keep the thing in shape.|