Total Pageviews

Sunday, 28 November 2010

Andys Bug Fix.

I recently was asked to help my mate Andy from the Aylesbury low lifes, he had put his Partners bug in for a MOT and it had a ,minor problem with corrosion under the brake fluid/washer bottle reservoirs, i must say this bug as far as i am aware was a barn find, this bug is not imaculate but its real not dressed not a two year resto, this car is as genuine as they come, Any way have a look!  added a few pics of the repair obviously cos i done it but just a couple of extra ones as its such a nice car.

As usual i get a job to do and wade in so the pics are a bit hit and miss, Any way the picture show the section after it was cut out, the main rot was along the fold wear the section bends down behind the spare wheel.
This is what was left after the cutting took place, i cleaned up the loose before putting the plate in,

wanted to keep the cuts clean so the end job was tidy.

Again same with this side really !

Job Done, Just in case any one wonders the plate was made from scratch by me in the shed, Well i think its a tidy job.

Definatley looks better from this angle, Pleased with that.

Told you it was sweet.

Nice to see an honest motor.

Ill say andys other half is a lucky lady, Ill say other half as i dont want to offend if i cant spell the ladys name.

Clean inside lovely Jublee !

Friday, 19 November 2010

My Creative Engineering Weed Eater Beam.

Back to my Best toy the Bus! I do love my bus. i just cant get the stance quite right yet, Done all i could with a modified stock beam but was not Happy. In a strange sort of way had a stroke of luck, while meeting with the fellow Vw enthusiasts the Aylesbury Low Life's one week end back in that distant memory we called summer, some kind gentleman i believe his name may have been captain cock head ! managed to back into my pride & Joy Obviously i was most under standing as its only SMALL ! Any way cut a long story short his insurance offered me £1300.00 to get it repaired my self, £40.00 quids worth of panels a donated rear light lens from kieron (Thanks Mate) one weekends work and all sorted that where luck comes in i had i little money left from the repair. Told you it was in a strange way, any way lots of money later my bus looked a little better, Pictures below have a look i think it a great piece of kit.

The Dink courtesy of Captain Cock !

Old Beam out, Not so easy when your on your Own.

Old beam stripped ready for retirement!!

Bits every where its amazing how many bits you have once you start to take it apart.

Now were Moving the Springs have been cut down here and I'm re-drilling the countersinks for the grub screws, I would advise anyone who has little experience with this kind of job to get it done professionally not an easy one to get right.

Painted parts ready to be reasembled.

the new beam Sexy but not a patch on the wife !

Nearly there looking better all the time.

Just waiting for the new track control arms to arrive to complete.

The new & the old just a little difference in length.

Track control arms installed back on the ground Low enough, Maybe.

Dropped Tucked & sweet as a nut ! May be a little lower may have to notch the rails though.

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Beetle rear end repair.

The rear of the beetle had Quite a bad shunt in it, the following pictures are of the repair as it was carried out. I done the works my self, unfortunatley i did not take as many pics as i could have but i do get stuck in and just forget. Any way ive added a few pictures below, Looking back  at the pictures im happy with the job.

As i previously said there was some serious rot to deal with, I had already started to cut some out prior to this photo.

The rear apron not realy use in saving, good excuse to replace with an earlier one !

One of the rear Quater sections after removal Rotten or what!

The rear end back on note the earlier Model apron Looks better already.

Overall pleased with the result, No more rot here !

Thought i better show both sides want to show it was done right!

Rear end put back together again with early deck lid, Looks so much better than the original 67 decklid !

I put a coat of paint on the deck lid as i got a spray can with the car, Got a pair of bumper at Stonor Park, help to clean it up a bit.